A 29-year-old barmaid was burned by a chemical fluid that leaked from a bottle while she worked at Howl at the Moon nightclub, Lower Mount Street, Dublin, a judge heard yesterday.
Barrister Noel Cosgrove told the Circuit Civil Court that on November 2nd, 2006, Magdalena Klimkiewicz of Bertram Court, Lamb Alley, Christchurch, was filling bottles with cleaning fluid when the incident happened.
She had been pouring water into a bottle containing sodium hydroxide, a detergent, when steam and hot liquid burst from it, burning her right arm and hands. She was taken to the emergency unit of St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin. She returned to work a week later.
Ms Klimkiewicz sued Mount Street Pub Ltd, trading as Howl at the Moon, which is now in receivership, for negligence.
Mr Cosgrove said a judgment against the pub owners had been obtained earlier on the … Read More »
A MAN has been awarded €100,000 damages at the High Court over serious facial injuries suffered after he fell through a glass door during an incident outside a Co Donegal nightclub.
Paul Brady (37), a painter and decorator, of The Beeches, Ballybofey, Donegal, was left with severe disfiguring scars to his face after the incident, which started when he tried to break up a fight as he and some friends left Stampies nightclub in Ballybofey on October 27th, 2002.
He had alleged negligence against Bridget Heeney and her sons Terence Michael and Aidan Heeney as owners and operators of the nightclub. He claimed that, at the time of the incident, they were owners of a premises close to the nightclub’s exit, and he had fallen through a glass door of that premises.
Mr Brady told the court that, on the night of the … Read More »