Call Us Today


Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration

If a Will has been made, then the Solicitors on behalf of the Executor will apply to the Probate Office to obtain a Grant of Probate so that the deceased’s estate (assets) can be distributed according to their will. Where there is no will a Grant of Administration is applied for. Prior to the application to the Probate Office information must be gathered together with calculations and projections for submission of Revenue Returns, an Inland Revenue Affidavit is filled and a Certificate of the High Court will issue to the solicitor.

In cases where property is held in Joint Names or where the assets of the Estate are below a certain value, it may not be necessary to carry out a full Administration.